Foreign company in Switzerland
Tax representation of foreign companies in Switzerland – VAT
Since 1st of January 2018, the VAT liability has been applied in Switzerland from the 1st franc and as soon as you achieve worldwide turnover of at least CHF 100.000 (around 90.000 euros) these transactions become taxable in Switzerland.
In this case the following questions should be asked:
- Do you deliver manufactured goods in Switzerland?
- Do you provide services under a company’s contract in Switzerland?
- Do you export goods outside of Switzerland?
- Do you provide electronic services to private individuals in Switzerland (provision of software, applications, music)?
What you need to know:
- The appointment of a tax representative is mandatory for a foreign company
- The preparation of VAT declaration is carried out quarterly
- VAT reconciliation is mandatory either the verification of the conformity between the VAT and the annual accounts
- Found errors must be reported to the AFC through adjusted statements
- Foreign companies will also have to provide a bank guarantee, the deposit amount of which is calculated by the Federal Tax Administration on the basis of estimated turnover
We are pleased to offer you the following services in VAT :
- Classification of tax duty in Switzerland
- Registration in the Swiss VAT tax register
- To follow the correct implementation, both formal and material of the VAT requirements
- Periodic documentary audit, the client is responsible for the provision of documents
- Correspondence and negotiations with the Federal Tax Administration
- Preparation and submission of VAT periodic declarations
- Establishment of the annual conformity between the turnover and previous tax
- Support during possible adjustments of VAT by the Federal Tax Administration
Rates and general conditions
Single registration fee of CHF 500.- including verification of obligations relating to VAT in Switzerland, registration in the register of taxable persons as well as the procedures relating to the calculation and security provisions requested by the Federal Tax Administration.
Annual fixed cost from CHF 1.700- for the preparation of quarterly VAT statements, controls, and overall management of the representative mandate before tax authorities.
To learn more: Website of the Federal Tax Administration